Follow @junemason74 books galore: Children's Books Make the Best Movies

Books Galore blog Headline Animator

Books Galore blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Children's Books Make the Best Movies

When I think back to all of my entertainment as a kid, I remember all of the classic movies that I watched.  Recently, I have come across a lot of movies that I have seen as a child that I had no idea were based on books!  Some of my favorites are Jumanji, The Rescuers Down Under, Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, and One Hundred and One Dalmatians.  One Hundred and One Dalmatians was written by Dodie Smith, Homeward Bound was written by Sheila Burnford, The Rescuers Down Under is by Margery Sharp, and Jumanji is based off the book by Chris Van Allsburg.  All of these movies I watched time and time again when I was a kid.  Some more recent movies based on books are Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of GaHoole based on the book by Kathryn Lasky and How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell.  I am sure these are classics for children today!

No comments:

Post a Comment